1. Acceptance of Terms
- Guide2uganda.ug is a community content site for the country of Uganda. The site includes property listings, accommodation listings, business directory, classified listings, country information, news, forums and event calendars. Some of the content is provided by the users of Guide2uganda.ug
- Content refers to: postings, messages, text, files, images, photos or any other material found on the Service.
- Content posted, transmitted through or linked to the Service is the responsibility of those from whom the information originated.
- The Service is not responsible for posted content.
- The Service is not liable for any damages or losses incurred from content made available through the Service.
- The Service reserves the right to refuse, move or delete any content posted on the Service.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
3. Notification of Claims of Infringement
- It is forbidden to post information on the Service that violates any international or national (Uganda) copyright, patent or intellectual property laws.
- The Service is not responsible for any such infringements posted on the site.
- If you are aware of any copyright infringements that have been posted on the Service please contact us at email@example.com
- Please include in any such inquiry: the copyrighted material, the infringement, a statement contesting that the copyrighted was not posted by the holder of said copyright, contact details and signature.
- The Service is not compelled to act on any such complaint but may do so out of good faith.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Uganda.
4. Privacy and Information Disclosure
- All personal electronic details will be kept private by the Service except for those that you wish to disclose.
- It is unacceptable to disclose the contact information of others through the Service.
- Guide2uganda.ug is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Guide2Uganda may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/1/2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Name and job title
Contact information including email address
Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you our Guide2Uganda Newsletter which we think you may find interesting. You are free to unsubscribe from receiving the Newsletter at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing email@example.com
- You are in complete control of any information we hold on you. You may edit, add to or delete your personal information at anytime through your member area on the site. You may also request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Framework. If you would like a copy of the information held on you then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name.
You agree to not post, email, or make available through the Service the following content:
- Unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, invasive or any information harmful to minors
- Content of a political nature and/or is critical of any government or municipal employee of Uganda.
- Pornographic or any kind of nudity, sexually explicit or perverse content
- Racist or discriminatory content towards any race, religion, creed, nationality, gender or any other grouping of individuals
- That impersonates another person, which includes but is not limited to: Guide2uganda.ug employees, political figures or public figures
- Includes identifying information about another person without permission
- That is false or deceptive
- That infringes on any patent, copyright or intellectual property rights
- That can be classified as: spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any unsolicited commercial advertisement
- Solicitation not in the designated area or emailed to a user of the Service who did not wish to be contacted
- Includes links to other websites unless it is: (1) with expressed written permission of the Service (2) in the designated area for services
- That advertises the sale of anything illegal under the laws of Uganda and
- That contains software viruses
- That disrupts the normal flow with an excessive number of messages
- That uses misleading contact details to disguise the origin
You also agree not to:
- Contact people who do not wish to be contacted
- Stalk or harass other users of the Service
- Collect personal information about users for commercial or unlawful purposes
- Use automated means to download data about users unless with expressed written permission from the Service
- Post non-local or irrelevant content
- Post the same service in more than two categories
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our server
6. The No Spam Policy
- It is strictly prohibited to contact the Service with unsolicited email advertisements.
- It is strictly prohibited to post spam.
- It is strictly prohibited to contact users of the Service with spam.
7. Limitation on Service
The Service may establish limits within the site such as but not limited to: length of posting time, size of message, number of postings.
- The Service can limit usage to the Service.
- The Service can delete content and material at any time.
- The Service can change the site at any time.
- The Service is not responsible for any deletion or failure to share of content.
8. Access to Service
The Service grants a revocable right to use the Service.
- You may not modify any part of the Service or content on the Service other than the content that has originated from you.
- You may not duplicate or use automated means to download from the Service.
A limited exception is granted to search engines and non-commercial public archives.
This does not include any site that participates in classified listing or any subset of classified listings.
You may create a hyperlink on your website to the Service, or to postings within the Service for non-commercial use.
You may have a link to our homepage so long as you do not portray the Service or employees of the Service in a misleading light.
- Use of the service beyond said scope will result in the immediate revocation of the right to use the Service.
Call +256 (0)312 515167 / +256 (0)704 619784 or email email@example.com If you need an urgent response 🙂